How to Transfer Your Data from Your Old iPhone to Your New iPhone?
Earlier on, transferring data from your old iPhone to your new iPhone was a tough job, but now, due to advancements in technology, this has become simpler. Currently, there are multiple ways to do it. Let us discuss them here.
TRANSFERRING DATA USING iCLOUD:
This is the easiest one, but it takes time.
- Transfer data from your previous device to iCloud.
- Create a backup file.
- Log on to iCloud using your new device.
- Copy the data onto your new phone.
TRANSFERRING DATA USING QUICK-START:
For this method, you require both your phones simultaneously. Ensure that both have enough battery or are switched on to power. This method is useful if your iCloud storage is full and you don’t have space for creating a backup.
- Switch on the new phone and place it next to your current one.
- The quick start screen will appear on the current phone.
- Turn on the blue tooth.
- Your current phone will give you the option to log on to your Apple ID.
- Choose your Apple ID and press “Continue.”
- An animation appears on your new device. Hold your current phone over your new one and center the animation in the viewfinder.
- Your current phone will give you a message saying, “Finish on New.”
- Enter your current phone’s password on the new one when prompted.
- Set up your Face ID or your Touch ID on the new phone.
- It would help if you had your Apple ID password for the new phone. If you have more iOS devices, then you will have to enter the other passwords too.
- Now your new phone will give you a choice of transferring data from one phone to the other. You are allowed to use any method that suits you the best.
- Choose the option iPhone migration if you want to ignore the iCloud option altogether.
Transferring Data Using iTunes:
You can transfer data without using iCloud. You can transfer data from your old device to newer device in minutes. Follow these steps to make things easier for you.
- Connect your old phone to computer using your usb cord.
- Open iTunes and click on Backup to this computer.
- Turn on your new device.
- Don’t set up your device like selecting language and country. If you have done it before, erase that data.
- Connect your new device to computer.
- Open iTunes and select your device.
- Select Backup restore and make sure you’re making the right selection by checking the space used by the previous phone.
- Make sure your battery percentage is enough.
Hiring a Professional
In case all the methods mentioned above are not working for you, our customers often prefer the convenience of a backup and data transfer service done by an experienced technician. It can surely help and save you a lot of time! Your contacts, Calendar events, photos, and other data are valuable and you may not want to risk loosing them. Data transfer from one iPhone to the next is easy. For all the methods, you have to start the quick start on your new phone and then choose the option that you want to. These are the easiest options you have and quite favorable for any user. Contact us today and ask us how we can help you.